Monday, January 9, 2012

Helping Out

Kelly braided my hair this morning, and I am enjoying it so much!  OK, enough vanity.  Our first assignment was to help Filomena in the kitchen, but she wasn't here yet, so we helped in the garden a bit.  Kelly was there a lot longer than I because I discoverd ants and had to leave before getting bitten.  I'm really allergic.  The garden seems to be doing well.  There are carrots, aji, and radishes growing.  We helped Filomena in the kitchen by peeling and cutting carrots.

After that, I helped out in the little boys' house.  Sam and Oscar had to go to a meeting, so I covered while they were gone.  I played Candyland with Juan, Jorge, Pablo, and Pedro.  The kids were given a bunch of board games for Christmas.  The boys managed to break a big picture frame and then step on the glass.  Thankfully, Peruvians always wear shoes in their house, so it crunched into a bunch of pieces but didn't hurt them.  Elizabeth came to help me clean up.  Also, the electricity went out, and Edwin (age 8 and a special needs kid) was completely fascinated by the fact that the lights wouldn't turn on.  He also managed to start a fire outside this morning.  Juan gave him the match.  Edwin loves fire, but they both got punished, as they should.

Lunch is ready, so that's all for now.  I love you, and I think you're pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment